May 31st

Yesterday was the day of my flight to Korea. And it was very exhausting.

I couldn’t sleep well and woke up at 3 am, 4 am and finally 5 am. After this last time waking up, I couldn’t fall back asleep, so I decided to get started with all the things I had left to pack. When I was done, I had breakfast and lunch and relaxed a little until around 10 am. Then I took all my luggage and left. I walked to the bus stop and after waiting for about 20 minutes, I found out it was the wrong one and I had to walk on a little. Then finally on the right stop, I had to wait just a little until the Airport Limousine Bus arrived.

After driving one hour, we arrived at the airport. So, there was still plenty of time until my check in would be starting. I spent this time watching videos and doing nothing.
When the time for check in had finally come, everything was super fast. I checked in, gave up my luggage and got to my gate. 30 minutes later, the boarding started. 30 further minutes later, we were already up in the air.

Even on such a short flight, we got a free meal and free drinks. The dinner was good and they offered a lot of different drinks.

The flight didn’t take long. Soon We already arrived in Korea. Arriving as a foreign tourist walking through all these controls and checks and finally getting to pick my luggage took around 30 minutes.

The only things left were now taking the bus to my Hostel and arriving at this Hostel to check in. At least I thought so. When I got to the bus stop, I hurried to go on that bus, only to notice I forgot to get Korean money! So, I had to get off again and find an ATM. This was the easy part. Then I tried to get money. 10 times in all. It never worked. I stepped aside some times, just to see if the ATM was broken or something like this, but it did work for others. So I started to freak out a little. After around 20 minutes of trying, asking people, walking around without getting any results, I just tried the second ATM. It was a little different from the other one I used earlier and surprise: It worked. I had only five minutes left to catch the last bus to my Hostel and I was really happy that everything turned out to be fine in the end. Still, this was too much for me. When I finally was on the bus, I fell asleep.

I woke up early enough to get off on my stop and started walking to my Hostel. On this way, I met a guy from Canada (who was actually on the same bus) who was heading to the same place. So, we walked there together and did the check in together as well.

After that, I only managed to change into some short clothes before falling asleep.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s